IMPLEMENTATION OF SERVICE STANDARDS – WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR THE EMPLOYEES AND MANAGEMENT?
Successful business begins with a well-structured internal environment. Below you can see the benefits for the employees and management, after the implementation of service standards:
- clearly defined customer service criteria, which gives comprehensive understanding of how to carry out all work duties precisely and correctly – essential for new employees and their training;
- improvement of cooperation and understanding between employees and management, which is achieved with a common philosophy, clear understanding and guidelines;
- high work ethic, promoting professional growth of employees, consistency of their work performance as well as mutual competition between each other;
- recognition from colleagues and management, motivating employees to maintain a high level of job performance – endorsement, positive feedback, tips and personal fulfilment;
- a high and consistent level of customer service, which decreases the possibility of a weak performance of just one employee damaging the reputation of the whole company.
A professional and pleasant work environment increases the loyalty of employees and decreases staff turnover, whereas in a less fertile work environment, the company tends to lose not only the weakest employees, but also those with potential.